We hope you enjoy this recipe perfect for this time of the year! Created by Yvis from Latin Soul by Yvis.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 brown onion, roughly chopped
2 tbsp garlic, crushed
1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tbsp Valentina Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium soup pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the black beans, chicken broth, coriander, cumin, pepper and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup using a hand-held immersion blender until very smooth and creamy.
- Put the soup into bowls and top each bowl with a dollop of Valentina sauce and freshly chopped coriander.