Hola amigos! Here we're sharing the recipe for the Enchiladas Verdes we made for Cinco de Mayo.
For those who want to try a new flavour and make a colourful dish, or challenge their cooking skills during lockdown get into this one. we promise you won’t regret it and please leave us a comment if you like it.
1 chicken breast
1 bunch of fresh coriander
2 cloves of garlic, to cook the chicken
enough salt and pepper
1/4 cups of oil, to fry tortillas and salsa
12 corn tortillas
sour cream, to serve
fresh cheese, to serve
white onion, cut into rings, to serve
fresh coriander, to serve
For the green sauce:
8 green tomatoes
3 jalapeño chillie pepper, without tail
1/2 white onions, cut into quarters
1 clove of garlic
1 cup of fresh coriander, 1/2 to cook the sauce and 1/2 to blend (with everything and root)
1 pinch of salt and pepper
1 cup of chicken broth to blend
- Cook the chicken breast in water with the cilantro, onion, garlic and salt until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the green sauce heat a pot over medium heat with water.
- Cook the tomatoes together with the chillies, white onion, garlic and ½ cup of coriander until the tomatoes change colour, about 20 minutes (I didn't boil the tomatillos as the ones we sell are already cooked which makes it easier for you).
- Strain and blend with the broth, the rest of the coriander, salt and pepper until you get a smooth sauce.
- Heat a pot over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil and fry the sauce until it reduces and thickens slightly (about 10 minutes), adjust seasoning and reserve.
- Once the chicken is cooked, chill and unravel.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with the rest of the oil and fry the tortillas lightly, remove and place on absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- Fill the tortillas with the shredded chicken, fold and place them on a plate, bathe with the green sauce and serve with cheese, sour cream, onion rings and cilantro.